Sunday, April 5, 2009

@S_Wash

@Hungryclone: Ok cool so first what is your name?

@S_wash: Stephanie W. Thus S_Wash!

@Hungryclone: And where are you from? lol

@S_wash: Laurel, Montana. Originally, been in Vegas for 11 yrs now

@Hungryclone: That's a bit of a leap isn't it?

@S_wash: Yep, small town MT girl moving to Vegas all by myself at 22. I was in for a surprise!

@Hungryclone: Hmmm. So why the move?

@S_wash: Ahh MT could not contain this girl! Not much for me to do there, Im a big city, lots of people kind of gal!

@Hungryclone: Wow go you!

@S_wash: Yep, school was my excuse to get out of the country life. Vegas was just easy, free place to live, close to in-state tuition. Always said Vegas was a nice place to visit, but youd never want to live here. But, here i am!

@Hungryclone: Cool so school brought you out to Vegas. Why did you settle down?

@S_wash: Well i was never a good student. Only went to a semester out here and the rest is history. Vegas grows on ya. Life happens. Its a cool town, hard to imagine leaving this place, but i would in a heartbeat if something took me elsewhere.

@Hungryclone: Hmmm. You seem to love traveling. So where else in this wide world have you been?

@S_wash: I've probably been to around 30+ states in the US. Canada, Mexico & Guatemala. I do love to travel, but most of that is due to my family making the plans. Id love to travel the world someday. Im half Filipino, never been to the Phillippines!

@Hungryclone: Haha. Well I was half Korean and until just recently hadn't been to Korea. How do you feel your life has been different/better/worse being half-asian?

@S_wash: I'll get there one day, have lots of family there to meet! I feel blessed to be half Asian. It made me unique. I get to experience a different culture. The Filipino people are good folks. I know i am not your typical Asian, growing up in MT but i cherish that side of me!

@Hungryclone: Yeah. I can completely understand that. So not to hop subjects but what do you do for a living?

@S_wash: I work for Zappos.com. Been with them for 4 1/2 yrs. Customer service. It is the best company to work for, I am truly blessed!

@Hungryclone: So for the readers that don't know what Zappos.com is could you explain a little?

@S_wash: We are a service company that just happens to sell shoes.... and now a whole lot more! Our motto as a company is: developing people and cultivating our culture! Its not about making a sale, its about giving people the best experience they have ever had!

@Hungryclone: Sounds like a pretty decent company drive. So what else do they sell now?

@S_wash: You name it, we are starting to carry it. Kitchenware, camping gear, apparel, beauty products, electronics, housewares. I see something new on the site everyday that surprises me. Business has been good lately too!
@Hungryclone: That's pretty cool. So another leap again. Anything world news-wise been on your mind? Economy, N. Korean missile launch etc?

@S_wash: I do love watching/reading the news but havent been on it lately. I'm trippin over the N. Korean missile launch, hard to believe this kind of thing can happen. Oh, and i am excited about this economic stimulus. Hope to see a lil difference on my check soon!
@Hungryclone: Yeah I think everyone's hoping for that. So what are your plans for the future then?

@S_wash: Wow, big question... Umm I guess i am just playing it by ear. Im pretty content where life is right now. I have dreams of living near the ocean one day, so that is a goal i have in mind.

@Hungryclone: Nice. I like the fly by the seat of your pants attitude. So then what do you do for fun? Lots of options in Vegas I'd assume.

@S_wash: You know it is funny that i dont take advantage of all the things that Vegas has to offer. I dont gamble, grew out of the nightclubs. I enjoy the typical things. Movies, concerts, going to sporting events, bowling, pool, going to the park with my dog. I also love doing the toursit thing. Runnin around on the Strip never gets old to me.

@Hungryclone: You know that's probably a good thing that you enjoy things other than the sleaze.

@S_wash: Yeah, im a pretty wholesome kind of gal. I enjoy having all the conveniences that Vegas has to offer, even if i dont take advantage of them!

@Hungryclone: Alright well I think I've got all of my questions in. Anything you like to leave possible readers?

@S_wash: Well, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to be interviewed! A profile in 140 characters or less just doesnt give the depth of Ms. S_Wash. Hope everyone gets a taste of a lil bit about me! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment