Friday, April 3, 2009

@Jyoseph

@Hungryclone: Ok. So first off what's your name?

@Jyoseph: Your Mom. Hehe, j/k Joe Holst

@Hungryclone: lol Nice. And where were you born?

@Jyoseph: Davenport, Iowa

@Hungryclone: Nice. Did you hear the news about Iowa dropping the ban on same sex marriage?

@Jyoseph: Uhhh, I think I heard something in passing but not in detail

@Hungryclone: Yeah same here just on NPR the Iowa supreme court deemed it unconstitutional.

@Jyoseph: Interesting. Now I can move back and be with my bff from highschool! (don't tell sarah)

@Hungryclone: lol

@Jyoseph: heh

@Hungryclone: So what do you do for a living?

@Jyoseph: It's twofold; My wife and I own a photography business together (just the two of us run it) and I'm a freelance web designer/developer.

@Hungryclone: Cool. What kind of site design do you do? By that I mean who mostly do you deal with? Small companies etc

@Jyoseph: Mostly small to medium sized businesses, yeah... and the majority of that would be more along the lines of ecommerce sites. I do more Coldfusion than actual design, though.

@Hungryclone: Interesting. How about your photo clients? Weddings?

@Jyoseph: Yeah we started out doing pretty much anything under the sun, now we're starting to scale back and do mostly weddings, senior portraits, some promotional, etc.

@hungryclone: Sounds good. One of my ex-coworkers had a blooming photography business on the side while he was in the Air Force and that's what he did when he got out. SO you said Sarah. That's your wife's name. Where/when did you guys meet?

@Jyoseph: We met January 2nd back in 1998, I was her server at a restaurant here in St. Louis called Old Spaghetti Factory. (I guess I was a good waiter?)

@Hungryclone: Wow. Look at you. From waiter to husband. So how'd you cross that level? It seems a bit of a jump to go from serving someone to dating etc.

@Jyoseph: Yeah we actually were just really good friends for about a year or so. We had sort of a silent crush on eachother I think though.

@Hungryclone: Oooh. Nice.

@Jyoseph: One night we went out for coffee and just talked about it, had a nice kiss and started dating that day. That was was 9/4/99

@Hungryclone: *high five*

@Jyoseph: yessss!

@Hungryclone: Wow. Nice that you have all those dates rapped up. So when do you guys tie the knot?

@Jyoseph: June 25th 2005 EEERRRRT June 25th 2000 lol

@hungryclone: lol

@Jyoseph: Let the record reflect that was a mere type, lol Typo, rather. So been married almost 9 years now
@Hungryclone: So I hear you have another child on the way? Is it a girl or boy?

@Jyoseph: Yeah, our baby Jack is almost 1 year old. Sarah is 3 months pregnant, we find out whether boy/girl in a couple weeks. I think it's a girl tho, that's my guess.

@Hungryclone: Haha. Father's intuition I guess. I have to say your son's name is badassery. Jack Valentine Holst. Though admittedly he's going to grow up to be a fantastic explorer or super villain. So any names in mind for your daughter?

@Jyoseph Either of those would be awesome! Ummm, yeah actually we were just talking about that. I like the name Lucy for some reason, and we both like Edith, both old school names. Vivian is cool too. All are family names.

@Hungryclone: Very nice. So jumping to another subject what are your guy's plans for the future? Not moving from St. Louis?

@Jyoseph: Nah, Sarah's family is here so we're staying. She's close to her family (it's a Korean thing) Most of my family is still in Iowa.

@Hungryclone: So anything happeneing in the world catching your attention or worrying you lately? G20 summit, North Korea's missile launch etc?

@Jyoseph: Uhhhh, the economy is sort of hitting us all. That hits close to home because it messes with my ability to make ends meet, which just aint cool

@Hungryclone: Do you find it hard being in photography specifically? Or is it just of a general thing?

@Jyoseph Umm, honestly more generally. It's more the moral of our country, when we have an economic downturn the media jumps on that and people watch the media and everyone is grumbling, you know.

@Hungryclone: Yeah. There's a general sense of confusion and pessimism about the economy.

@Jyoseph: Exactly. So even people who are not affected are grumbling, that kinda thing.

@Hungryclone: Do you think it might get better with Obama in the big seat? Especially with his work worldwide?

@Jyoseph: I think that's what the people want, and we're back to boosting the moral (and attitude) of our country, so yeah at this point now that he's in there, I think it's for the better.

@Hungryclone: Alright. So on a lighter note what do you like to do for fun?

@Jyoseph: I smoke a lot of crack, a lot of crack. I kid. I'm old now so I usually geek out on my laptop while Sarah knits or does Sudoku. I like to throw boomerangs, that gets me outside.

@Hungryclone: Hmm. So I remember you mentioning that you are "green" in practice. Do you want to go into that?

@Jyoseph: Haha, I don't blame you for not wanting to touch the I smoke crack bit.... Yeah Sarah and I have made a total transformation in that regard. It happened back when we found out Sarah was pregnant, I bought her a book called The Organic Pregnancy. A lot of really good general info in that book. Once we had Jack we found it hard to buy baby products not made of weird plastics made in China, and so it began.

@Hungryclone: Seems you were ahead of the curve.

@Jyoseph: Now everything we use, cosmetics, cleaning products, you name it. Yeah a little bit actually, now it's cool to "go green" which is awesome. We take it pretty seriously

@Hungryclone: That's cool.

@Jyoseph: The products are actually much better, ever try Toms toothpaste? So much better dude.

@Hungryclone: Nope. So what do you think about the current state of the information age and your place as a random person being able to talk to and meet any other random person on the other side of the world?

@Jyoseph: I think it rules. 1 sec lemme dig up a link .... Have you seen http://omegle.com/ ?

@Hungryclone: No..*checks link*Crazy

@Jyoseph: I just initiated a chat.....
"Stranger: oh hello
You: ohai!
Stranger: I made you a cookie
You: hai2u!
You: orly!? thanks!
Stranger: but I eated it
You: :-O
Stranger:
You: got more?
Stranger: no
You: that makes me sad
Stranger: sorry"
Anyway, I think it's cool how you can talk to and meet random people on the internet. That's how I met you right? And you're a cool dude
@Hungryclone: Yeah pretty much. Go information technology.

@Jyoseph: *high fives information technology*

@Hungryclone: Well I think that's all the questions I had. Anything you want to leave possible twitter viewers of this blog

@Jyoseph: Follow @hungryclone and @ohithere!!

@Hungryclone: Haha. Thanks and thanks for the interview.

@Jyoseph: Thanks man.

1 comment:

  1. For every day you don't follow http://twitter.com/hungryclone and http://twitter.com/ohithere a kitten dies and an angel looses its wings. Hurry! :-)

    ReplyDelete